"Austin, go get daddy a beer"

>> Wednesday, November 12, 2008

These days, Austin is our little helper. He LOVES to help with everything. And I mean everything.

When I'm cooking dinner, he has to be up on a stool by the counter with a plastic spoon mimicing every move I make. When I'm giving Alex a bath, he has to be up on a stool helping to wash her (or play with her toys for her). When I'm trying to give Alex her dinner, he jumps in and proceeds to feed her. If I'm sorting, putting on or folding laundry -- you guessed it, he has to help too. Some days I can't walk into a room without him yelling that he has to help by turning on the light for me.

So, the other day, Ryan decided to test this new 'helper' phase. Austin was helping me make dinner and Ryan said to him "Austin, can you go downstairs and get daddy a beer". Austin proceeded to get down from his stool, walk downstairs, turn on the light, open the bar fridge, take out a beer and come running back upstairs with a beer in hand.

Needless to say, he was very proud of himself. And I think he's earned his keep for life!

3 comments:

Suzanne Gardner November 12, 2008 9:43 pm  

Hahaha, that is way too funny and adorable. What a smart cookie! :)

Anonymous November 24, 2008 9:58 pm  

Pretty soon he will be wanting to drink the beer.

Uncle John

Anonymous November 25, 2008 9:13 am  

Hmm... this boy's too smart!

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP