It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's hard to believe that Christmas is only a week away! I'm almost done my shopping and then there's just a mountain of wrapping to do. Every night I say I'm going to do some, but then I never seem to get the motivation to start. Why do I have a feeling that it's going to be a Christmas-eve wrapping marathon?


With Christmas almost here, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here at home. Last Friday morning, while Alexandra took her morning nap, Austin and I decorated a Gingerbread house. We had a lot of fun, and surprisingly more candy ended up on the house than in his mouth. Now, he's constantly asking to eat the cookie house (as he calls it) which is fine by me if he likes it, because I think it tastes like cardboard.


On Saturday morning, we put up our Christmas tree. Again, Austin had a blast and was so excited to have his very own Christmas tree. He'd only be asking me for one for about three weeks! So much so, that some days I would take the kids across the street to the mall so that he could look at the mall tree.

Both kids got involved in decorating, although Alex spent more time trying to eat the ornaments than put them on the tree. Austin, on the other hand, decorated a small patch on the front of the tree really well.The lights are on almost full time because every morning, when Austin wakes up, the first thing he asks for is the lights. It's a good thing we bought LEDs this year (after starting to put the old lights on the tree only to discover that many strings no longer worked and there wasn't enough to cover the tree).

On Sunday, we went to the PCL Family Christmas Party where the kids got to do crafts, go on a sleigh ride (well wagon ride due to the lack of snow), and of course, meet Santa.

When we met Santa at the mall last month, both looked a little like deers caught in headlights. But this time, both were more relaxed and willing to smile. Although when Austin got off Santa's knee and we tried to get a picture of just Alexandra, she just screamed.

That's all the news for now. We have a busy for weeks ahead of us with Christmas in London, then a trip for Ryan and me to North Carolina for my cousin's wedding (without the kids!) and then a Christmas in Brampton on Jan. 2 with my family.

So there'll be plenty more pictures soon. And we finally bought a new camera to replace our broken point-and-shoot, which means I can once again take videos. So stay tuned for videos of Alex crawling -- or trying to anyway.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP