When a kid is being too quiet, it's not usually a good sign

>> Friday, June 18, 2010

Every morning, when I dry my hair, the kids usually come with me. They like it when I 'dry' their hair as well. But this morning, Alex didn't want her hair dried, so she went off to play in the living room while Austin and I dried our hair in the bathroom.

Five minutes later we were finished and I noticed it was awfully quiet in the house. So, Austin ran off to find Alex and all of a sudden he yells down the hall to me: "mommy Alex isn't wearing any pants and she has a pen".

Oh oh.

I found her sitting in her pink princess chair with her hands covering her eyes. As I got closer, she gave me a coy look and quietly said "peekaboo mommy". I look at her. Austin's right, she's not wearing any pants because she was wearing a dress, so her legs were completely exposed. In her right hand is a ballpoint pen and on both her legs is a rather interesting design. A design which runs from her toes to her diaper -- on both legs.

It took everything I had to not laugh out loud and instead tell her that pens are for drawing on paper not legs. I then carried her off to the bathroom, sat her on the counter and spent the next 10 minutes scrubbing her legs, as gently as I could. But not before snapping a picture with my phone.

2 comments:

Carole June 22, 2010 10:07 pm  

I love that she covered her eyes so that YOU couldn't see HER!

Alison June 23, 2010 5:52 pm  

Oh my god, you could put her in a horror movie! that's awesome.

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP