Yes, I'm the mom with the girl in the tutu-like outfit...

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

You know those little girls who insist on wearing a pink tutu everywhere they go? You see them in the store when you're doing your shopping and you just smile at the mom who is with her. (Or maybe you don't, maybe you're one of those people who look over in disgust and wonder why anyone would let their kids out of the house looking like that.)

Well, I officially have one of those kids now. Today, Alex and I went grocery shopping while Austin was in school and this was how she was dressed:
Minnie Mouse was twirly and dancing through the aisles, happy as could be, while I got all our groceries. I got a few weird looks from people, but I also got a lot of smiles.

Why fight it, she's extremely strong-willed about everything, including the clothes she wears. (Actually, especially about the clothes she wears -- once she gets dressed (by herself) she won't let you change her regardless of whether she matches or whether her clothes are even on the right way.)  And it made her super happy to wear her Minnie dress.

But I did veto the wearing of the Minnie ears to the store.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Sunset by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP